Tuesday, December 18, 2012

All Guys Like a Nice Rub

I think guys are the hardest to shop for.  Or, maybe we just put too much pressure on ourselves (as women) to find just the right gift.  This year, I decided to do without the pressure and prepare a gift that will work for all the guys on my shopping list this year.  Thankfully, I found a common trait among them and was able to set up an assembly line in my kitchen creating their gifts.

Does your guy like to grill?  Mine does.  So, I made some meat rubs (for chicken, pork and beef) to give at Christmas.  I found great little concoctions via a website identifying great Father’s Day gift ideas (www.handjobsforthehome.com/2011/06/diy-bbq-rubs/).  Hand Jobs For the Home – that IS the name of the website – sounds kind of dirty --  haha!!

She has three recipes all written out and tested for you.  All you need to do is go to the store and purchase some canning jars.  I found that these 8 oz jars fit the rubs perfectly. 
Next, find your measuring cups and spoons.

Then, figure out what you already have on your spice rack.  Go to the grocery store, and pick up the remaining spices.  In these recipes, I found no weird, unknown spices that were hard to find, and everything is something I’m familiar with the taste, so no surprises. 

So, here’s my finished product.  I used the labels that came with the jars and just wrote “Oink”, “Moo”, or “Cluck” on each of the corresponding rubs.  This one was a fun project and one that I’m excited to give the guys in my life!

4 comments:

  1. Do you happen to have this recipe written down? I need the recipe again (I've made it before for presents) and now the website is some crazy Asian site! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe link is gone. Do you still have them and will you share. Suep517@att.net. Thanks much. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the recipe for these? I can't seem to get the link to work and I forgot to write it down the last time I made these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone! Here is the link to the rubs! Sorry for the delay. We had to track it down again. :) http://www.recipe.com/trio-of-rubs/?socsrc=recpin060914rubstrio

    ReplyDelete