Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Parmesan & garlic green bean fries

Review by Lyndee:


Ingredients:
French Green Beans (I used fresh green beans. Wash and snap off the ends)
2 teaspoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
pinch of Pepper
Salt to taste

Pre-heat oven to 425°.  Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and add green beans.
Drizzle oil, parmesan, and garlic powder over the green beans. Toss the beans in the mixture.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crispy. I like to mix them up about half way through. Sprinkle with salt when done. Serve them with Cajun Aioli (mayonnaise mixed with Cajun seasoning). Enjoy!


I’ve been trying to come up with new sides that are low carb and when I found these, I was excited.  I love green beans and I had a bag of fresh ones, so it seemed like the perfect fit. Simple to make and a fun twist on your conventional veggies.  I thought they tasted excellent.  So good, I didn’t even bother making the aioli because I just ate them as is.  I’m a big fan of these and will definitely make them again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment