Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Ooey gooey Chex mix (that tastes like a scotcharoo)

If you're from the Midwest you know that Scotcharoos are a staple at any potluck, tailgate or holiday. They are one of my favorite desserts, but I have to be honest, I don't make them very often. They’re not overly difficult but something about making them isn’t my jam. So when my friend Dayna had this Chex mix concoction at their tailgate party that tastes just like Scotcharoos (without the chocolate frosting on top) I had to get the recipe from her. And it is literally the easiest recipe ever.


Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter

1 cup honey

1 package butterscotch chips

1 box Corn Chex 

In a large microwave safe bowl, melt honey, peanut butter and butterscotch chips together. Once melted, stir in the cereal.

Dump it onto some parchment paper and let it dry for a couple hours. Break into clumps and eat with friends! You can also add nuts, granola, M&M’s, chocolate chips, Reese’s pieces, drizzle some dark chocolate over the top…get creative!

This makes a huge batch so store the leftovers in a plastic container.

No comments:

Post a Comment