Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Bacon, Spinach and Chive Tortilla Roll-Ups

Review by Lyndee:


Ingredients: 
1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened
6 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
6-8 green onion stalks, chopped
one handful of baby spinach, torn in pieces
1/2 packet of ranch dressing dry mix
4 8-inch Mission flour tortillas, warmed

Mix the chopped green onions, crumbled bacon, torn spinach, cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a large bowl. Mix until well blended.

Heat tortillas in microwave for about 20 seconds or so. You do not want the tortillas to be hot, just warm enough that they are pliable. Lay tortillas flat, scoop filling and place in the middle of the tortilla.  Spread out the filling using a butter knife or rubber spatula, making one even layer. It will not be entirely perfect!  Roll tortilla as tightly as possible until it is completely rolled up.

After all 4 tortillas are rolled, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. This will make cutting the tortillas much cleaner and easier. The next day, remove tortillas from the plastic wrap and place tortillas on a cutting board. Slice 1/2 inch pieces with a serrated knife. I use a serrated bread knife.

I accidentally added the entire pack of ranch mix so I added another cream cheese and I’m glad I did.  The bacon, spinach and onions were plentiful and this way I was able to make 7 roll ups instead of 4.  I didn’t heat my tortillas like the original recipe said to and it was fine but I had just bought them fresh.  If they’ve been sitting in your fridge, I would suggest doing so. 


These are absolutely delicious!! I love them. They may be one of my new favorite roll ups.  Easy to make, different than your standard Mexican roll up and there’s spinach so I’m counting that as healthy.  Ha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment