Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines cookies

Review by Lyndee:

I wanted to do some fun cookies for valentine’s day. I had the idea of doing the muffin tin cookies my mom makes where she puts either a peanut butter cup or chocolate kiss in the cookie.  Hers are delicious! So my thought was to make chocolate chip cookies and top them with a chocolate heart for the holiday.  Sounds easy, right? Well, I’ve never been able to master muffin tin cookies.

Start with your favorite chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie recipe.  You can use a store bought dough as well. I love these paradise cookies I’ve made before.  The recipe I found said to roll into one inch balls and place in an ungreased muffin tin. Bake for 8 minutes at 375 degrees.  Take out of the oven and immediately place your unwrapped candy on top. 

I took the cookies out at 8 minutes but probably should’ve went 10.  When I started placing the candy’s on them, the middles sunk.  But I figured maybe that was supposed to happen to some degree.


I tried the next batch on a normal cookie sheet instead of the muffin tin and that went better.  The problem was, the candy started melting into blogs. A friend said, I should’ve put them in the freezer or fridge to set but this was too little info, too late.  So my cookies no longer look like they are sporting fancy chocolate hearts, but rather, big chocolate blobs of goo.  Sigh. 



While they still taste really good, they vanity and fun of what I was trying to accomplish was gone.  Next time I will cook the muffin tin cookies for 10-12 minutes and then chill to set the candies.  Lesson learned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment