Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ritz Chicken

Review by Lyndee:


Want a fast and easy chicken recipe that tastes heavenly?  Look no further! I found it last night.  Thanks Six Sisters Stuff!

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed (I used bacon flavored)
½ teaspoon garlic salt
black pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
½ cup butter

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together crackers, garlic salt, and black pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the beaten eggs, and then dredge in the cracker mixture, coating it completely.
Place each coated chicken breast in a 9x13 pan.  Cut the butter up into small pieces, and put them over the top of the chicken breasts. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.

The verdict

My chicken breasts were in a garlic marinade.  I did not use ½ cup butter. Instead, I just put a tiny pat on each breast.  If you want a crispier texture, more like fried chicken, then use the full amount of butter.  The only Ritz crackers I had in the house were bacon flavored. I’m not sure if it was the garlic, the bacon or the combo but this chicken was out of this world! Super easy to make.  We whipped it together, put it in the oven and went for a 30 minute walk around the neighborhood.  When we returned, it was done perfectly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment