Friday, May 3, 2013

Apple Dump Cake

Review by Lyndee

I had never had apple dump cake but it looked easy enough. With the freak winter storm that hit Iowa last night, I was in the mood to bake.  I wish I could find the person that invented this cake and shake their hand.  They are brilliant and my hero.  This is amazing!


Ingredients:
2 can apple pie filling
1 yellow cake mix
2 sticks butter melted
Cinnamon
Nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 pan.  Dump in the cans of apple pie filling.  Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.  Cover with the cake mix.  Pour on the melted butter.  Bake for 45 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.  Mine only took about 40 minutes to bake.  Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Warning, your eyes may roll into the back of your head when you take your first bite.  It is so dang good.  And it makes the house smell awesome.  Winner, winner! 

4 comments:

  1. Waiting to put this in the oven right now. Falll has hit NE Ohio so this is the perfect recipe to celebrate the season. Smelled really good while I was assembling it, I am sure it will taste great. With two men I the house, I know it won't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning to make this for Easter. Would like to add walnuts. Would they be better on top of the pie filling or on top of the cake mix? Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would put the walnuts on top of the cake mix layer. Let me know how it turns out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! The walnuts really made this. I put the walnuts on top, 1cup pieces. The butter, while baking, gave this cake a very liquid consistency. The walnuts sunk into the cake. A keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete