Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Crab Rangoon Flatbread (healthified)


Crab Rangoon Flatbread


Review by Lyndee
There’s a restaurant in town that makes a crab rangoon flatbread that is to die for.  I wanted to make my own healthified version at home and this is what I came up with. 

Ingredients:
1 flatbread (I used Flatout Light Italian Herb)
Italian shredded cheese (I used 2%)
2 wonton papers cut in small strips
Sweet chili sauce
1 green onion

1 six ounce cans crab meat
1 eight ounce cream cheese softened (I used reduced fat
2 green onions chopped
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp powdered sugar
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp lemon juice


Spread a layer of the crab rangoon mixture on top of the flatout bread.  Sprinkle with Italian cheese and green onions.  Put on the pizazz or in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.  Spray butter or olive oil on to wonton strips.  Bake for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy.  When flatbread is done, sprinkle wontons on top. Drizzle with sweet chili sauce. 


This turned out amazing! I will definitely be making this again! The crab rangoon mixture makes enough for 3-4 flatbreads so you can keep it on hand if you’re only making a single serving or throw it in the fridge for next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment