Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cadbury Egg Brownies


I wanted to add a little something different to my brownies to somehow make them even more suitable for an Easter gathering.  I scoured the internet and came upon a simple little trick to add Cadbury egg candies to the brownie batter.

Here's what you'll need:

  • Brownie Mix
  • Bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs
Here's what you do:
  1. Prepare the brownie batter as instructed on the package or box.
  2. Before placing brownies in the oven, sprinkle on the cadbury mini eggs.
  3. Then, bake brownies as instructed on the mix instructions.
  4. Let the brownies cool, and then you can choose to frost them or leave them as they are.
You'll feel like Peter Rabbit came right into your kitchen and whipped you up a batch of his favorite brownies!  These were really delicious, especially if you like double chocolate flavor.  I thought I'd see some color in the brownies, but the baking process melts the candy shell too much to see much of the egg color, but you definitely can taste the cadbury egg, and I guess that's a fair trade!


No comments:

Post a Comment