Friday, March 8, 2013

Twix Bars -- Instead of Two Bars in a Package You Can Have A Whole Pan!!!!

These Twix Bars are nothing but super yummy!  They are a family favorite, and whenever I bring them to an event, I come home with an empty pan.

Here's What You'll Need:
Club crackers
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 c. chocolate chips

Here's What You'll Do:
Line bottom of 9x13 inch pan with Club crackers.  In the picture below, I'm using a larger pan, and I just doubled the above ingredients.
Then, bring the butter, sugar, brown sugar, milk, and graham crackers to a boil.
Then, continue to let it boil for five minutes while continuously stirring.  
Pour that mixture on top of your layer of club crackers, and spread it all out evenly with a spoon.
Then, add another layer of club crackers on top of that.
Then, melt together the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
Then, pour those over top of the second layer of club crackers. (My chocolate looks bumpy because all I had in the house was crunch peanut butter -- so the bumps are the bits of nuts.)
Then, place in the fridge to set.

2 comments:

  1. is there anything else I can use besides peanut butter. My child hates it, but this otherwise looks like a tasty treat. Or I may just use a bit more chocolate to melt on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterscotch chips work as a great alternative to peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete