Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Leftover pot roast sandwiches

Sunday I made a pot roast. Yum.  Instead of using regular cola I used rootbeer and it turned out great with a little added zing.  But I had lots of roast left over.  There’s a little café I love that serves pot roast sandwiches which are to die for.  So I used my leftovers to create a little slice of heaven like the ones they serve.   


Ingredients:
2 pieces Italian bread
Roast
Mozzarella cheese
Butter
Garlic

In a pot on medium heat warm roast and leftover au jus.  Butter one side of bread and sprinkle with garlic.  Set face down on your pizzazz or a cookie sheet.  If using the oven preheat to 350 degrees. 

Once roast is warmed through pull out the meat and place on bread.  Pour juice into a bowl.  Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella or your favorite cheese.  Bake 10 minutes until the cheese on is melty and golden brown.  I did this on the pizzazz and it took about 8 minutes.  It came out perfectly golden brown on the bottom and melted goodness on the top.  Dip in the au jus and enjoy! Easy, filling and delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment