Tuesday, February 11, 2014

World’s easiest crockpot roast recipe

Review by Lyndee:

It doesn’t matter if you aren’t a whiz in the kitchen, it would be really hard to mess this recipe up and that’s pretty much awesome.

Ingredients:
1 pork roast (3-4 pounds)
1 can of Coke or Pepsi
Salt & pepper
Diced onion (optional)


Place roast in crockpot.  Add one can of cola. I used Pepsi because that’s what we had in the fridge.  I placed a few diced onions on top of the roast and then sprinkled with salt and pepper.  Set the crockpot to cook on low for 8 hours. 


We wanted to make a roast the other day in the crockpot.  I didn’t have any potatoes and carrots on hand, which I would usually pair with it.  So I went online and searched these “pop can roasts” I had heard so much about.  All the reviews were great but I was still skeptical.  After 8 hours when I went to pull the roast out, it was so tender it fell into pieces.  It tasted delicious too! We put a big dent in it that night, paired with some tater tots.  Then ate the rest up throughout the week with some barbeque sauce on sandwiches.  It was awesome both ways. It doesn’t get much easier than that to make a yummy roast on a cold winter day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment