Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Olive oil bread dip

Review by Lyndee:

I’m pretty much a carb addict and I love me a nice baguette or rolls dipped in olive oil “stuff” like you get at nice Italian restaurants.  When my hubby brought me home some fresh bread I decided to give this a try, because let’s be honest, a girl can only eat so much toast. 

Ingredients:
1 tbsp minced basil
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp salt
½ tsp rosemary
¼  tsp crushed red pepper flakes
½ tsp olive oil
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice about 1/8th of a tsp

Combine all ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice.  Mix in food processor or with a fork.  Stir in lemon juice and olive oil. 


To serve: combine about 1 ½ tsps of spice blend to 3-4 tbsp olive oil in a small dish.  Dip bread of choice. 


This didn’t come out perfect.  I realized while typing this that I didn’t add the lemon juice and olive oil to the spice prior to adding the larger amount of olive oil.  That may be why it tasted much better once it sat and melded together for a few minutes.  It was a lot of measuring but pretty easy to make and something fun to do with bread.  

No comments:

Post a Comment