Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rumchata Cupcakes

Review by Lyndee:

Ingredients:
1 box white cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup RumChata

Preheat oven to 325 if using dark pans or 350 if using glass. I suggest using paper liners in your cupcake tins. Prepare and bake white cake mix as directed on box except substitute the 1 cup of RumChata listed above for the water asked for on the box. Mix in remaining ingredients listed above. 

Bake for 25-30 minutes per the directions on the box.  



Frosting:
12 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup) at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp RumChata
2lb bag powdered sugar

Please note: This makes A LOT of frosting. Feel free to cut the recipe in half or freeze the left over portion. Combine butter and cream cheese. Mix in vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar a few cups at a time.  Add the RumChata and whip until smooth.

I decided that the frosting sounded like the death of me so I made up my own. I used one container of whipped cream cheese frosting, 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tbsp vanilla and 5 tbsp of Rumchata and beat together.  It turned out perfectly. 

These are delicious! It has a slight cinnamon spice cake flavor and you can taste the Rumchata so I wouldn’t serve this to children.  But these are delicious and so easy to make.  I topped each cupcake with two pieces of cinnamon toast crunch cereal for garnish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment