Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Easy grilled garlic and two cheese sandwich

Review by Lyndee:
I had a bad headache last night and the hubby suggested that I eat some soup and go to bed.  It was cold and soup sounded good so I whipped up a can of tomato. I love grilled cheese with my soup so I decided to make one, but I wasn’t yearning for ordinary.  Instead, I decided to jack it up a notch. 

2 pieces white bread (one side buttered)
1 slice fat free american cheese
1 slice pepper jack cheese
Garlic powder

I’ve seen people make grilled cheese sandwiches a variety of ways so I will walk through the steps that I take just in case.  Set one piece of bread in the pan, buttered side down over medium heat.  Lay each piece of cheese on top.  Place second piece of bread buttered side up.  Sprinkle with garlic powder.  Flip until each side is golden brown and the inside is a gooey mess of goodness. 

This sandwich was so good I didn’t even dip it in my soup or add ketchup or pickles.  I just ate every savory bite.  The garlic and pepper jack transformed this into a really fun sandwich.  It almost tasted like cheese bread from Pizza Hut.  Cheap and so easy a child could make it. I’m not sure I’ll ever return to a normal grilled cheese again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment