Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oven baked parmesan-crusted Tilapia

Review by Lyndee:
I eat a lot of fish.  Well, at least when I’m practicing eating healthy.  The majority of the time I just sprinkle my tilapia with lemon juice, Cajun seasoning and dill.  This can get boring on repeat so I tried an oven baked parmesan crusted tilapia. 

1 pound tilapia
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper

I was only making 8 ounces of fish so I halved all the ingredients.  

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Wash and dry tilapia, if fresh.  I use frozen so I just took it out of its individually sealed packages that are 4 ounces each.  Mix parmesan, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow pan. 

Brush both sides of tilapia with olive oil and then dredge in the seasoning mixture.  Pat the coating on so it sticks.  Place on baking sheet.  Pat remaining mixture on top of fish.  Bake for 12 minutes or until flaky. 

This recipe was easy to make and a nice switch from my normal fish.  Next time I will probably add a teaspoon of cayenne or Cajun for a little more kick, because that’s how I roll.  Unless your filets are gargantuan, I would maybe cut back the parmesan to ¾ of a cup per pound because I had a lot of excess mixture, even after patting extra on.  You could use reduced fat parmesan to save some fat and calories but even done this way, it’s still not bad for you.  I will definitely keep this recipe in my arsenal for future fish adventures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment