Wednesday, November 21, 2012

"Trick-the-Kids" Chocolate Milkshake

Thanks to my husband and I, our kids were definitely born with a keen sweet tooth gene.  The kids LOVE ice cream, and they love milkshakes when I make them up in our blender.  But as a mom, I want to have a fun treat for the kids on a Saturday night, but I want them to get a little good stuff out of that treat, too.  So, I came up with this one all on my own, and it turned out to be pretty darn tasty!  Even the hubby enjoyed it, and he is a stickler for "faux" anything -- he's all about genuinity (is that a word?)  Anyways....

Here's what you'll need:
  • 2 cups Soy Milk (or regular skim/lowfat milk). 
  • 3 cups Ice.
  • 1/2 cup Nesquick chocolate powder (or two packets of Swiss Miss (or the like) hot cocoa mixes).
  • And, a blender, of course!

Place all those ingredients in the blender, and blend until all the ice chunks are disinigrated into a fine chocolate creamigoodness (okay, yes, I'm just making up words now).

Pour into two serving glasses.  Pop a straw into each glass.  Hide all evidence of health, and promptly serve the kids their Chocolate Milkshake.  They'll never know that it doesn't contain any ice cream, but if they ask, you can say...yes, it has ice and cream! *wink*


No comments:

Post a Comment