Thursday, December 27, 2012

Bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef)

Review by Lyndee:
My husband is Korean and always talks about great food like pho, bulgogi and kimchi. He’s been promising to make me some and last week, we finally had bulgogi.  It was AMAZING! I can’t really put into words how great this was.  I loved it. It was easy and literally melted in your mouth.  He’s not great at measuring so we estimated the amounts below. 

1 pound Flank steak
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp minced garlic minced
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ginger
A dash of black pepper
A splash of white cooking wine

Thinly slice the steak and marinate for at least an hour. Grill just a few minutes per side. (You can pan fry if don't have a grill but don't use oil). Sear it on each side.  Eat plain or serve with rice.  We did fried rice and it was one of the best meals ever.     

1 comment:

  1. I had this dish in South Korea,
    Loved it loved it.

    ReplyDelete