Monday, December 3, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Bacon

Review by Lyndee:
My family loves bacon. It’s one of those smells that makes your mouth water and tummy rumble.  Bacon fits every meal.  I found a recipe for a flavored bacon that my husband and I wanted to try so Sunday morning we got a little crazy. 

1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
6 pieces thick cut bacon

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a small bowl mix sugar, chili powder and black pepper.

Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.  Arrange bacon on cooking sheet, making sure slices do not overlap.  Bake for approximately 8 minutes.  Carefully flip bacon slices and sprinkle the seasoning mixture onto them.  Return to oven for an additional 8 minutes or until desired crispiness is obtained.  Our oven only required an additional 5 minutes. 

This bacon was amazing! It was sweet, smoking with a hint of spice.  It literally melted in your mouth.  Next time we try it I will also add a dash of cayenne pepper.  I would highly recommend trying this for your next breakfast.  Yum! 

No comments:

Post a Comment