Monday, December 17, 2012

Honey Garlic Chicken


Review by Lyndee:
I love things I can make in the crockpot and I'm a big fan of chicken.  After a weekend of not so healthy eating and celebrating the holidays with my family back home, my body was craving something warm and delicious last night.  

1 package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c honey
salt & pepper to taste

Cut your chicken breasts in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in bottom of crock pot.


Mix garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, honey and basil in a bowl and stir.  Add mixture to crock pot. 

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours (mine actually cooked in about 2 hours on high, but these are what the original recipe recommends). Remove chicken from crock pot and transfer to covered plate to keep warm.  Reduce the sauce in a pot until thickened to desired consistency. Serve sauce over chicken.  


I didn't reduce the sauce. I just spooned it over the chicken directly from the crockpot.  Sure, it was a little runny but that didn't really phase me.  My chicken was a little done and I only had it on high for 2 hours. It wasn't bad but could've been juicier.  So I added a slice of pepper jack cheese to the top and served it with corn.  This would make great pulled chicken sandwiches.  The only reason I didn't do that is I was trying to come out of my weekend carb coma so I opted to skip the bun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment