Monday, December 10, 2012

Low carb pizza (gluten free)

Review by Lyndee:
I’m one of those people that could eat pizza every day.  What’s not to love about the ooey gooey deliciousness that it is?  Oh yes, the carbs, fat and calories.  Total bubble buster, right?  After my travel to Chicago last week with a wonderful woman that has a gluten allergy, I saw what a challenge it can be for her to order in restaurants and such. So I found this recipe to see if a carb addict like me could start cutting down some gluten. I halved the recipe as I knew that the hubby would not be willing to try it, and cooked it in an 8x8 pan instead.  

Crust
1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Topping
1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, onion, mushrooms, peppers, garlic powder

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. 

Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.

Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.

This was much better than I anticipated.  Definitely let your crust cool before adding the toppings.  I didn’t give it a full 10 minutes because I was hungry and the crust was not as firm as I would’ve hoped.  The taste was fun and it was definitely different than a pan pizza.  Just a nice, light, thin crust.  

No comments:

Post a Comment