Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Peanut butter smudgies

Review by Lyndee:

I’ve really been trying to watch my food intake with holiday season in full swing. I found this recipe for smudgies on a fitness website and thought it sounded yummy.  It was very similar to the peanut butter ice cream I had made and I figured this would be a great sweet snack and portion controlled. 


2 ripe bananas
2 tbsp natural or reduced fat peanut butter
8 graham crackers

Mix the bananas and peanut butter until smooth.  Spread onto a graham crackers square and cover with another square. 



Wrap in foil and freeze for at least six hours. 

These were easy to make. Although, my filling was much more than 8 graham crackers. I think I ended up using 10 or 11.  I made the mistake of stacking them on the foil when I froze them so I had to kind of pry them apart to eat.  



They are good.  My only thing is they are a little too graham crackery for me.  I could save the carbs and extra calories by just having a small bowl of the peanut butter ice cream instead.  But if you like graham crackers this is a fun, frozen snack, again with portion control if you just have one square a night.    

No comments:

Post a Comment