Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Seasoned pretzels

Review by Lyndee:

4 Bags (9 oz) of Petite Pretzels
1 bottle, Orville Reddenbacker Buttery Popcorn Oil
1 Pkg. Hidden Valley dry dressing mix
2 T. dill weed
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Garlic powder

Stir oil, ranch mix, dill weed, and powders together.  

Place pretzels in a 2-gallon Ziploc bag. Pour oil mixture over pretzels.  Toss bag and turn bag over every-so-often.  P.S.  Don’t forget the mints for afterwards!!

After a close race on Facebook whether or not to make seasoned or spicy pretzels for food day at work, seasoned won! Thank you to Char and Molly Fairchild for the recipe.  These are awesome!! The kids taste tested them last night and there was oohing and ahhing and apparently they “rock”! Hopefully my co-workers agree.  If not, the kids will be happy if I bring home leftovers.  Which, there could be either way because this makes a huge batch!! I have two one-gallon bags full.  That should please the masses. And I can’t complain about all those snacks for about $5. 

2 comments:

  1. Holy crapola -- these pretzels are amazing. I think you should bring me some more leftovers this evening. I mean, if you want to see the kids, turn over the pretzels! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bake these at 200 degrees for 45 mins and then there is no oil floating in the bag. I use 2 1# bags of Snyders sour dough nubs. But the rest of the ingredients are the same. I like them better cooked. They are always a hit.

    ReplyDelete