Thursday, January 3, 2013

141 calorie healthy breakfast for one

Review by Lyndee:

With the new year upon us I’ve had a lot of people ask me for quick and healthy breakfast suggestions for one.  Here’s one of my favorites that is high protein, low fat and clocks in at a grand total of 141 calories. 

Ingredients:
½ cup egg beaters
5 piece baby spinach (tore into pieces)
1 tbsp bacon pieces
1/8 shredded cheese
Hot sauce

Cover pan in cooking spray and heat to medium.  Add egg beaters, followed by spinach, bacon and hot sauce.  

When bottom side is done, flip and add cheese.  Fold in half and eat right away or refrigerate. I usually make mine the night before and reheat for one minute when I get to work in the morning.  

Substitutions
1 tbsp Bacon, 2 pieces of deli ham or 1 ounce turkey breakfast sausage.
You can use regular egg beaters, egg whites or any of the other fun flavors they offer like three cheese, Florentine and southwest. 
I like to use 2% shredded cheese when I have it on hand, feta or a wedge of laughing cow light. 
Add any veggies you want to make this your own…onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment