Thursday, January 31, 2013

Tissue paper floweres


Review by Rachael:

What you'll need:
  • Pastel colored tissue paper
  • Pipe cleaner
  • Scissors
  • Ruler

How to make it:
  1. Cut tissue paper into rectangles of desired size.
  2. Stack around 15 pieces of tissue paper. Use the same color or different colors. If you want to use a smaller number of pieces of tissue paper, flower will not be as full.
  3. Accordion pleat the tissue paper working from the long side.
  4. Wind one end of the pipe cleaner around the middle of the accordion pleated tissue paper.  
  5. Trim the ends of each side to give the pedals a unique look. Trimming the ends into a point (like a triangle), or a bump (like a half circle) will look very pretty.
  6. Gently separate each layer pulling upwards toward the middle of the flower. Do the second side. Done.

I have all the items needed to make these around the house, so I thought this could be a fun to make for Valentine’s.

I took out white tissue paper as I have excess of it & wanted to see what I thought of the flowers before using my pretty colors. When I unfolded the tissue paper it already had seems of perfect rectangles so I cut along those lines and then stacked the pieces. (I used 16 pieces)  I followed the accordion pleat instructions and placed the pipe cleaner around the middle, leaving enough to make a stem. I decided to cut triangles at the end of my sides. Separating the tissue paper took the longest time, but wasn’t hard. You just lift it up and keep working with the paper to make the flower full. The only problem I had was getting the two sides to come together. I felt as if where the pipe cleaner was it kept separating and it looked bad. In the photo I am actually squeezing it together to look that good. This isn’t a hard project just not impressed with the end result. If the kids want to give it a try I would let them as it is easy & again I already have all the items needed. Next time I might make the rectangle a bit shorter. 




No comments:

Post a Comment