Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chicken bacon ranch dip (healthified)


Review by Lyndee:

2 - 8 oz cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 - 5 oz can of chicken breast (I used 98% fat free)
1 ranch packet
Bacon pieces
Optional-
Shredded cheese (I used 2% Colby Jack)
¼ - ½ cup greek yogurt or sour cream

We’re having a food day for a co-worker that’s leaving.  I was trying to think of something delicious and easy to make.  Since I’m the queen of dips I figured I should keep the legacy going and try a new one.  Chicken bacon ranch dip.  Makes me hungry just to say it out loud. 

The original recipe calls for the cream cheese, ranch packet and chicken.  Mix it together, roll it in bacon and that’s it.  When I got it mixed and tried a bite it was super salty! I mean, almost made my toes curl salty and I love salt.  

Genius struck and I added a little bit of reduced fat shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of the bacon pieces.  That definitely helped but I felt it needed a little something more so I added about ¼ cup of greek yogurt (you could use sour cream too).  This was much better!  It came out as some yummy, creamy goodness that wasn’t going to pucker the faces of my co-workers. 

After the additions I did not form it into a pretty ball but just left it in the Tupperware and sprinkled on some more bacon pieces.  Serve with crackers and enjoy the party!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment