Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bird Nest Necklaces

I love making jewelry, but I'm no pro!  I have two little ones, so I don't have time to be stringing beads for two long, or those beads will end up thrown all over the floor because some toddler decided they'd like to "help".

Lately, I've seen a lot of stuff out on the internet about bird nest necklaces, and I think they look adorable.
So, I searched the internet for a tutorial with great instructions that didn't seem complicated.  I was so impressed with how well the bird nest necklaces came together, that I made one for my mother, sister and sister-in-law and placed the number of beads in them to correlate to the number of children (or little birdies) they have.  I found a great tutorial on youtube -- I would definitely suggest using it if you choose to make them as well.  The tutorial is done by beadaholique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUroGDn_zS0.

I then attached the bird nests that I created to a chain that I purchased at Walmart, and added a toggle clasp to each.  Here are a couple of my finished necklaces:

No comments:

Post a Comment