Friday, January 4, 2013

Cracker Barrel Chicken Tenders

Review by Lyndee:

Ingredients
1 pound boneless chicken breast tenders
½ cup Zesty Italian dressing
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon honey

Instructions
Mix dressing, lime juice and honey in a large resealable bag or container.  Add the chicken. Marinate for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.  In a large non-stick skillet over med/high heat, add the entire mixture with chicken to the pan. Braise chicken on all sides until golden but not dry-until most of the liquid has evaporated out. 

Verdict:
I halved the recipe because it was just me eating dinner last night.  I had set out chicken to thaw yesterday morning and when I got home from the gym this looked like an easy recipe to try.  I did not marinate it for four hours as I was starving.  Mine marinated for about 15 minutes but still had good flavor.  I’m sure if you did the four hours these would be out of this world.  The only Italian dressing I had on hand was a fat free Caesar Italian but I thought it was pretty tasty! I paired it with my biggest loser sweet potato fries and it was a wonderful and healthy meal.  

2 comments:

  1. trying this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME.....LOVE IT N SO DOES THE FAMILY...:)

    ReplyDelete