Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Not your average grilled cheese BLT

Review by Lyndee:


2 slices French bread
1 slice cheese (I used American but any flavor you love would work)
4 pieces bacon (cooked)
1 slice of tomato

Butter one side of each piece of bread.  Set a piece butter side down in the pan.  Add half a piece of cheese, the bacon, tomato and then the other half of cheese and the top bread (butter side up).  Grill in the pan until golden brown and the cheese becomes melty. 



I had a hankering for a grilled cheese the other day. But I kind of wanted a BLT too.  And I had a tomato on the counter that needed to be used up.  When I went to look at our bread supply I realized we were out of sandwich bread so my choices were a hamburger bun or a loaf of French bread.  This is when I decided I was going to make a grilled blt, minus the lettuce because let’s be real, warm lettuce is gross.  This was amazing!! I actually moaned when I took the first bite. I instantly sent a picture to my sister bragging about the best grilled cheese, BLT, random sandwich I have ever made that can be made in under 10 minutes.  Winning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment