Sunday, August 24, 2014

Crockpot little smokies

Review by Lyndee:

I needed to come up with something to take to a housewarming BBQ this weekend.  I needed it to be easy, no hassle and on the cheap.  So I went with the old standby little smokies.  Generally I just use a BBQ sauce but I decided to get a little adventurous and try this recipe instead. 

Ingredients:
2 packages Little Smokies (I used turkey ones)
1 cup ketchup
1 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s)
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire

Mix all the sauce ingredients in a large bowl.  Toss in the smokies and stir until they are coated.  Dumb in the crockpot and cook on low for four hours. 


These turned out pretty good.  The flavor was decent.  Next time I might add a few dashes of hot sauce to or a bold barbeque sauce to kick up the heat a ittle bit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment