Thursday, September 22, 2016

Feta Pico de Gallo



Ingredients:
2-­3 avocados, peeled and chopped (I did not use since I’m deathly allergic)
3 roma tomatoes (diced)
1½ Tablespoons minced garlic
⅓ cup red onion (diced)
1 bunch cilantro (chopped)
1 jalapeno (diced)
8 oz. feta cheese crumbles (divided)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp lemon juice (optional)

Mix the diced tomatoes, red onion, garlic, olive oil and vinegar in a bowl.  Carefully mix in the cilantro, avocado and half of the feta cheese crumbles.  Add some salt and pepper to taste.  Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the rest of the feta cheese crumbles over the top.  Serve with tortilla chips.


This pico has amazing flavor! I tried it with chips last night.  This morning I put some on my eggs and it was delicious on those too.  Only tip, do not try to put in your contacts after making pico.  Oh the burning of the eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment