Monday, May 20, 2013

Healthified Brunch Squares

Review by Lyndee:


So Molly gave me the Pampered Chef brownie pan I’ve been dreaming of getting for an early birthday present this weekend.  And they give you some recipes to try with it.  This thing isn’t just for brownies.  You can do lasagna, muffins, cheesecakes, egg bakes, etc. and the beautiful thing is, it’s portion controlled!  I decided I would use it to make my breakfast for the week. Then I got really crazy and decided to use their recipe for Brunch Squares.  I made some substitutions to healthify it and it is excellent! 

36 tater tots (You could use hashbrowns if you don’t have tater tots)
½ package cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
8 eggs (I used 2 cups of egg beaters)
3 green onions
Diced ham or sausage (I used 1 pound of turkey breakfast sausage)
Shredded Cheddar cheese (I used 2%)


Place 3 tater tots in each well. Mix cream cheese and eggs in batter bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Add meat and green onions to egg mixture. Use large scoop and place 1 scoop of mixture into each well. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Test with a knife to make sure eggs are set.


These are yummy and easy! I brought two for breakfast and popped them in the microwave to warm up for 2 minutes.  Delicious! I can’t wait to make them again next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment