Monday, July 15, 2013

No-Bake Candy Bar Pie

Review by Rachael:


8oz. cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
8 oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 butterfinger candy bars, crushed & divided
9 inch graham cracker crust


NOTE: YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF CANDY BAR THAT YOU LIKE

Directions:
Cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar
Fold in the whipped topping and half of the crushed candy bar.
Spoon mixture into the graham cracker crust
Sprinkle remaining crushed candy bar on top; refrigerate for at least 4 hours.

I had seen this recipe floating around Facebook and thought I would give it a try. As you can see by the recipe, it is really easy to prepare. The hardest part is waiting the 4 hours while it sets! 
I cut back and only used 3 candy bars, which was plenty. I would actually put a little more than ½ of the crushed candy bar in the pie mix and a little less as topping. This is a little rich for my taste, but it was good. A little goes a long way. Jason loved it so I’m sure we will be making it again….next time we will get crazy and try a different kind of candy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment