Wednesday, February 13, 2013

UV Candy Bar Vodka Recipes

Review by Lyndee:

UV Vodka released their new flavor recently and Melody and I were elated to see that it was “candy bar”.  Chocolate and caramel flavored vodka.  Naturally we rushed to the store to acquire a bottle and see what we could come up with.  We tried what they had suggested online and also some other variations.  Truth is, and I say this with a tear in my eye and a dry throat, we didn’t love it.  The caramel overpowers the chocolate.  We couldn’t find a mixer that was excellent with it besides the creamy ones.  And for anyone counting calories, that’s a dangerously slippery drinking slope. 

We tried it with:
Diet Pepsi
Diet Pepsi and milk
Diet Pepsi, milk and Kahlua
My homemade Irish cream
Diet Pepsi and my homemade Irish cream

Our favorites were mixing it with the Irish cream or milk, Kahlua and diet Pepsi.  For my tastes, it would probably be better used in shots rather than a full drink.  Or with ice cream.  That would be awesome. 

Fear not, we will continue to attempt other recipes that don’t include cream until that bottle is gone.  And as always, we will pass it along to you.  







4 comments:

  1. I love this flavor mixed with Diet Gingerale

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I can get the single dose sizes for new flavors of UV (and now Kinky). Nothing worse than buying a huge bottle and finding out you would rather drink cough syrup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really tasty with ginger ale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make a candy bar martini with splash of pepsi,half and half,kahlua,caramel and chocolate drizzle!

    ReplyDelete