Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Washer necklaces

Review by Lyndee:

I love jewelry but I do not like the expensive price tag that comes with it.  Plus, I like it to be a bit customized to my personality.  So last night I made some washer necklaces.  It was so fun I couldn’t stop! I made 11 of them! 

Scrapbook paper
Washers (I used three different sizes but the medium (1 inch) was my favorite)
Glossy accents
Mod podge
Cricut or circle punch
Exacto knife
Cord

Pick the scrapbook paper that you like.  Cut or punch the circle to match the size of your washer.  You also need to cut the middle circle out.  This is where it can get tricky if you don’t have an exacto knife.  Mod podge the washer and press the paper on.  Cover with a coat of glossy accents.  Wait to dry and then string on a cord for wearing. 

I may be biased but I love these! I made 11 different varieties and sizes so that no matter my mood or the color of my outfit, I will always have one I can wear each day. 


If you don’t have the tools or the patience to try this on your own, just shoot us a message and we will custom make one for you on the cheap.  Everyone should be sporting one or two of these in their jewelry box!  

1 comment:

  1. too cute!! This looks like a great craft project for the g-kids!

    ReplyDelete