Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Mug Cake

Review by Rachael:

Crack an egg into your mug
Add 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar/
Toss in 1/3 cup of flour and a tablespoon of softened butter.
3-4 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips top it all off.
Mix your cake together with a spoon.
Microwave your cake for 1 1/2-2 minutes, or just until the top center of the cake has set. Serve with a dollop of ice cream and enjoy!

I have had this recipe sitting in my recipe drawer for a little while now & last night I was craving something sweet. Jake & I decided to make one and see what we thought. It was very easy to put together and you probably already have everything you need in your kitchen. We started with a coffee mug and added all the ingredients as listed and stirred it up.

The recipe said to cook between 1 ½ - 2 minutes – so we started with 1 ½ minutes since they don’t say at what power to cook it. A few seconds left on the timer and POP! I stop the microwave and look inside…
The butter & egg somehow exploded out of the mug all over the microwave.
I took out the mug & tried stirring it all together. It was very hard on the top & gooey and not cooked in the middle.


I even tried it to see if it still had the cookie dough taste…not so much. I actually picked out a few chocolate chips and ate them since I was upset about wasting such yummy chocolate.  
This did not work for us at all, but it only took a few minutes from start to finish. So really we are only out a few ingredients. If you want to experiment with this I would try at 30 seconds and add time from there. Good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment