Friday, October 12, 2012

Lemon Bars


Review by Lyndee:
Last night I made one of the simplest recipes I’ve encountered on Pinterest.  Cheap? Check. Easy? Check.  But are these low fat/reduced calorie bars yummy to the tummy? 

1 box angel food cake mix
21 ounce can of lemon pie filling
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix cake mix and pie filling together.  Place in greased cake pan.  Bake for 30 minutes.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

These are good.  They are less like a bar and more of a cake consistency.  I think it could use a little more lemon flavor as it is currently a bit subdued. It’s not a bad treat, by any means, but next time I might add some lemon zest or juice to kick the flavor up a notch.  I think this would work well with cherry or apple pie filling as well, sprinkled with cinnamon instead of powdered sugar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment