Monday, October 29, 2012

Family Photo Idea for A Spread-Out Family

My mom loves home-made, creative gifts.  She'd much rather have something like that than a big shiney piece of jewelry.  When I was younger, I thought she was kind of weird because she made such a big deal out of all that homemade stuff we gave to her as gifts.  Now, as a mother myself, I totally get it, and have the same appreciation for gifts that took some creativity and thought.

Total, she has seven grandchildren.  And, seven letters are in the word GRANDMA.  Coincidence?  I think not.  So, since we have all of us children spread out between three states (none adjacent).  We decided to have each kid, oldest to youngest, take a picture of themsleves standing next to their letter, or somehow creating that letter. 

Each parent was extremely creative, and kudos to my brother and sis-in-law who created the bulk of the letters with their four children.  They did a great job!

In order to line up the photos all within one frame, I ordered the photos wallet size.  You could also place each photo in its own frame to hang next to each other.  But, here's what we came up with,  and mom loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment