Monday, October 8, 2012

Dreamsicle cake

Review by Lyndee
I wanted to find a fun dessert that was on the healthified side this weekend.  I loved when I was a little kid and mom would buy Push-ups from the Schwann’s man so when I saw a recipe for dreamsicle cake, I was all in. Three simple ingredients and it cost under $5.  It was so easy to do that Mitchell, who is 7, pretty much ran the show. 

Ingredients
1 yellow cake mix (you can use sugar free too)
12 ounces of diet orange pop
Fat free coolwhip

Mix the cake mix and pop into a bowl.  Pour into a greased cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 32-36 minutes.  Once cooled, top with coolwhip for “frosting”.  

See? I told you a 7 year old could do this one. The cake had good flavor but it was very thin or flat.  It didn’t rise like a normal cake.  Not sure if I should’ve beat the batter longer or what.  It tasted like a push-up and the kids didn’t care about the presentation so I guess it’s a win overall.  

1 comment:

  1. I have made the strawberry flavored cake with 7Up, and it doesn't rise like a normal cake but is also very tasty!

    ReplyDelete