Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


Review by Rachael:
2 ingredients, tasty and easy.

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 30
Number of Servings: 15

Ingredients
One box Duncan Hines Deluxe Spice Cake Mix
One Can Libby's Canned pumpkin - the 15 oz size.
Mix the pumpkin into the spice cake mix, making sure to incorporate ALL of the powder.
Using Pam - spray cup cake tins - enough for 15 and evenly divide the batter.
Or use 4 mini muffin pans of 12 mini muffins.

Bake 350 for about half an hour. - Till they spring back when touched lightly.

I find this recipe and think; it’s probably too good to be true! Only 2 ingredients?! It was rated 4.5 out of 5 stars on the website so I had to try! It calls for Duncan Hines Spice Cake & they didn’t have any at the store so I used Betty Crocker. I also went with the store brand pumpkin. My total for this was $2.50…can’t complain about that. 

I dumped the dry cake mix in a bowl and added the pumpkin. Stir together until all the powder has worked its way in and you are set. It is a lot thicker than a regular cupcake batter.  I decided to make my pan of 12 regular sized cupcakes and I had mix leftover so I also sprayed and filled my mini cupcake tin. You will fill the tins a little more than you would with a regular mix as they won’t rise as much. They will a little bit though so do not fill them all the way to the top. 
The house smelled so good while these were cooking. I forgot to move my racks in the oven so I put them on the lower one for 10 minutes & then put them on the top for the remainder of the cooking time. I pulled them at 25 minutes and they were perfectly done. 
These are so amazing!!!!!!! I can’t even explain how great they are and how easy to make!! I decided to dress them up a bit (which also adds fat & calories…boo!) and topped them with a cream cheese frosting. I didn’t want to stop eating them!



No comments:

Post a Comment