Thursday, October 25, 2012

Picture in a bottle


Review by Lyndee:

I have a box of empty bottles that I’ve been trying to find a creation for. I also have a stack of 100+ pictures from my sister wedding that I had printed.  Last night I tried to make something out of my surpluses.  

I took one of the large clear bottles and cleaned the dust off.  I rolled my favorite picture from the wedding (Mom, Sissy and I) and dropped it inside.  It stayed curled up so I had to find a long stick and try to unwind it within the glass.  I accomplished that after some time and then applied a uppercase living sticker a friend had given me that said “smile”.  I liked it when it was done but I wasn’t in love with it.  I felt like it needed something more. I didn’t want to go through the mess of trying to paint a curvy bottle.  The thick black ribbon I tried to tie around the top looked pathetic.  The small pink curly ribbon wasn’t enough.  Hmmm…this was frustrating.  I tried shoving a piece of paper in there.  Big mistake! It looked ridiculous and it took me over 15 minutes to get it back out because the opening at the top of the bottle is so small.  I searched the house for something else I could use to add a splash of color.  I found some gift basket shred but I knew there wasn’t enough to fill the bottle.  Then I came upon some tissue paper which I thought was off white.  I cut this into small sections and stuffed it inside the bottle.  Something was still off but now I couldn’t get all the sections out so it is what it is. I fastened some pink ribbon and took a final look.  Um, why does my tissue paper have a lilac tint to it in the picture?  It is beyond me.  Apparently my eyes are worse than I thought! So, anyway, the final lesson is maybe less is more.  I’m not happy with my “stuffing” but it is what it is.  I love the bottle and the sticker and the picture so I can deal with a little tissue paper, I guess.  The best part? This cost me nothing to make and it’s a unique way to feature a beautiful picture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment