Monday, September 10, 2012

Melt in your mouth chicken and mozzarella sticks


Review by Lyndee:
Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast 

3 chicken breasts
½  c parmesan cheese
1 c Greek yogurt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 ½  tsp seasoning salt
½  tsp pepper

Mix ingredients together and spread over chicken breasts.  Bake at 375 for 45 mins. 

This chicken was to die for! I wasn’t sure what to think when I put it in the oven because it looked a little bit like slop.  Also, I’m not a fan of greek yogurt.  But when this came out it was a brown, crispy delicious dinner that tasted just like a fried chicken parmesan.  I couldn’t believe it.  It felt like it was literally melting on your tongue.  I used a bit of marinara for dipping and next time I will pair it with some spaghetti squash.  Cheap to make, easy to do and totally worth it.  



Baked mozzarella bites
Review by Lyndee:
Healthy baked mozzarella bites

4 sticks string cheese
½ cup skim milk
½ cup Italian bread crumbs

I didn’t have Italian bread crumbs so I used regular ones and added Italian seasoning and garlic.  I cut the mozzarella sticks into three pieces per stick, dipped, rolled and threw them on the pizazz for about 8 minutes.  You can do them in the oven at 450 degrees too.  They were ok, nothing spectacular.  The flavor was there but the cheese started oozing before the outside became a crispy golden brown.  After I ate them I did some internet research and found that if you use frozen string cheese it works better because it won’t ooze prematurely. Next time I will try that. This is a much healthier version than you would get a restaurant because it’s not fried and you can use reduced fat cheese.  It’s a pretty cheap and quick to make treat as well.  I will attempt these again.  




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you tried this chicken recipe. I found the recipe, but I'm always hesitant to try it without some real comments. I'll definitely try it now! I've made the mozzarella sticks before, and I love them. I usually cut them in thirds, and I think I bake them for a shorter time. Yum! They're not very pretty, but they sure are good. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete