Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Overnight apple oatmeal

Review by Lyndee:

Ingredients:

2 sliced apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 cups of oatmeal
2 cups of milk
2 cups water



Place apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in the bottom of the crockpot.  Do not stir.  Pour in oatmeal, milk and water.  Again, do not stir.  Cook overnight for 8 - 9 hours on low.


This was cheap, easy to make and smelled great in the morning. I eagerly got a bowl and dug in.  The first bite was delicious. And then I got a bite with apple. And the texture of the skin was nasty! I checked numerous recipes and none said whether or not to peel your apples.  Apparently, it’s a personal preference left open for the reader.  I would highly recommend peeling the apples though! You have a soft, mushy oatmeal and then you get this weird texture from the apple skin. I will try this again without the skins and I think it will be perfect.  

No comments:

Post a Comment