Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Favorite t-shirt to pillow


Review by Lyndee:
Do you have a favorite t-shirt that doesn’t fit anymore? Or just isn’t right to wear out and about?  But you don’t want to part with it?  You don’t have to donate it or turn it into a dust rag. And it doesn’t need to be taking up valuable space in your closet.  In college I was a member of the Alpha Xi Delta sorority.  I had a bunch of shirts that are now too big and also, not something I would rock while shopping at the grocery store.  I don’t need some college guys thinking I’m a total cougar or anything, right?  I didn’t want to get rid of all the shirts so what else does one do but upscale?  Sure, if you have a bunch of sports shirts and you have the skills, you could make a quilt.  I didn’t have enough to make a quilt nor do I have the skills so we turned it into a throw pillow!  Easy to do, quick to make and a cheap memento of a time or moment in your life that you can look at whenever you want.  Cut the focal point into the shape of a rectangle (through the front and back).  Sew up three sides, add stuffing and finish sewing.  If you want to get creative you could do a different color back or a design fabric too. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely doing this with my "WSU Paralegal" t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete