Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tissue Rosette Kissing Balls

Review by Rachael

I saw this idea while I was planning my wedding & thought they were so cute. I knew I wanted to have DIY wedding decorations and this looked perfect…or was it?! All you need is crepe paper (streamers), Styrofoam ball and a hot glue gun – how hard could it be? 


First things first, I had to find the items needed to make this. I was able to buy the streamers at a dollar store ($1 for one roll…score!) I had the hot glue gun and glue sticks at home, now I just had to find the styrofoam balls.  Who knew that would be such a task? None of the stores in town had them, I even tried Wal-Mart but they only had really small sizes the day I was there. I had to wait until I was able to get to an actual craft store to purchase these. But if you live in a bigger town or city this shouldn’t be such an issue.

Finally, I have all my supplies and now it's time to follow the directions and hope we come out with an amazing end result! The directions were very easy to follow and after a few mess-ups I was rolling crepe paper roses like nobody’s business. 


But the thing is that they are very time consuming. I rocked out 7 or 8 of these and was all excited. I applied them to the ball and barely covered any surface at all. I couldn’t even fathom the amount of these I was going to have to make to finish one of these kissing balls. And to think I originally wanted to make 30+ of these for the reception. Being a busy mom it was hard for me to find the time to sit down and finish this whole project. I would make a few roses a night & get them glued on the ball. I gave up on making more than one! They are really cute and easy enough if you have the time. The kids even tried to help at one point and the older ones were able to get it with a bit of frustration, but the younger two didn’t have any luck getting these to look like flowers…so depending on your child’s age you may be able to make this in to a family craft project.

I would recommend trying these if you have enough time to finish the whole thing.  







No comments:

Post a Comment