Monday, September 10, 2012

Fried Pickles -- Not Quite Like the Ones You Get at the Fair!

By Melody
I tried a fried pickles recipe that sounded delicious.  They were good, but I think I was expecting something like I get at the fair.  That could have been my first mistake since nothing tastes as good as the fair!  The batter could have been a little more crunchy, and seemed a bit heavy.  I used 3/4 cup of light beer in my recipe, and 1 cup flour.  Next time, if I try this again, I would go with a regular beer, and use 1 Cup regular beer and 1 Cup flour.  That might add a little crisp to the pickle chips when fried.  These looked delicious when done!  I know this sounds crazy, but I would definitely make sure to sprinkle them with salt when finished, and the ranch dipping sauce was a nice pairing with this appetizer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment