Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Grilled gooey goodness

A Lyndee original-
I was so excited to make dinner when I got home. My grandma had sent me some freshly canned sauerkraut and I was salivating at the thought of a ham and kraut pita pizza. I pulled out the pizazz and assembled with a piece of flat out fold it bread, ragu, 2 slices of ham, kraut and 2% cheese. Only 12 minutes until glory, I thought. But when the buzzer dinged and I went to remove said pita pizza...disaster. Something had apparently been left on the pan from the time before and it had sealed like super glue to my "crust"! The crust stayed on the pan while the toppings came slithering into a heap on my plate. I only had about half an hour before I needed to leave and didn't have a ton of groceries on hand for a quick throw together meal. I searched the fridge and came up with an idea. It may sound weird but here me out because it was divine, ready in less than 5 minutes and probably cost about $1.
2 pieces wheat bread
Country crock light
Reduced fat pepper jack cheese
3 strips precooked turkey bacon

Yep! Bacon and pepper jack grilled cheese. I dipped it in 1 tablespoon (1/2 serving) of Ken's light honey mustard. It was simply delicious and way more fun than a normal grilled cheese. I would highly recommend it if you are ever in a pinch for time and want to break from the norm. Come on, let your tongue live a little.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, making this tomorrow night for supper -- can't wait!

    ReplyDelete