Monday, September 17, 2012

Tiles gone wild


Review by Lyndee:

This weekend Melody and I took inventory of the shed and garage.  Uncle John likes to save things so this was like a virtual treasure hunt.  We found so many great things that we will turn into wonderful projects.  One great find was boxes of floor tiles.  Most were large but there were a few that were cut down to near 5 by 5 inches so we decided to get creative.  If you have mod podge, scrapbooking paper and a marker, you can do some really awesome stuff!  Molly and Melody joined me for this experiment and we each took a very different theme.  I decided to make a tile for my new cousin, Michael.  Melody went with a funny tile to have near her liquor cabinet and Molly went with inspirational. 

First ticky tack glue the paper to the tile if you’re going that route.  If you don’t want to use scrapbook paper you could draw or stencil a design with paint or sharpies too, adhere a picture or spray paint.  Once I had glued on the pieces I wanted, I stenciled my wording onto the paper.  Then apply a coat of mod podge.  Let this dry about 20 minutes and add another coat or two.  I think these turned out really neat and we had fun doing them together and bouncing ideas off of each other.  It was super cheap and I’m hoping it will be a neat keepsake for baby Michael to have in his room for years to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment