Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Healthified pumpkin brownies


Review by Lyndee:
I decided to try a healthified brownie recipe last night.  It sounded simple enough.  Take one family size box of brownies and instead of eggs or oil, add one can of pumpkin.  I’m not a huge fan of pumpkin but I figured it was worth a try since I don’t like black beans but love black bean brownies.  I also picked grabbed a bottle of sugar and fat free caramel syrup to drizzle on the top.


1 box brownie mix
1 can pumpkin
1 bottle Smuckers sugar free caramel topping

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix the brownie and pumpkin together in a bowl.  Add about 2 tablespoons of the caramel.  Spread into a greased 9x13 pan.  Drizzle some more caramel across the top.  Bake for 25-30 minutes. 


The smelled great but I didn’t love the taste. The pumpkin was pretty prominent and I didn’t like it.  Perhaps if I added a cream cheese frosting or something but then, it defeats the purpose of healthified.  I’m going to set these out at work for others to try.  Maybe those that enjoy pumpkin will be a fan.  I’m just not.  


No comments:

Post a Comment