Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Homemade Christmas Ornaments

This past weekend, the kids and I, along with my mom and little nephew, spent time making some fun and easy Christmas tree ornaments.  These ornaments are so lovely and cute and easy that the kids can help.  And, best of all you have an ornament to mark the year, and a memory that will last forever, or come to mind whenever they see that ornament on the tree for years to come!

  1. Thumbprint Rudolph.  The kids stuck their thumb in brown paint, and then placed it on the bulb.  I drew the antlers and face with a sharpie marker.  I wrote the child's name and year on the back of the ornament.  
  1. "Handy" Snowmen.  The kids brushed white paint onto their fingers.  Then, held the ornament in the palm of their hand, so that their fingers would make a mark resembling four snowmen.  I drew the features with a sharpie marker when dry.  I wrote the child's name and year on the back again.  
  1. Fun with Beads and Pipe Cleaners.  This was very fun and easy, and was probably the most enjoyed by the kiddos.  My mom made the snowmen -- she's craftier than I thought! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment